Saturday, July 26, 2014

Plate Rack

I have admired plate racks for a couple of years now. The ones where the plate or platter face forward... as apposed to the plate racks where you only see the sides of the plate.




It seems like the majority of the Swedish homes have a plate rack and style it with beautiful plates and knick knacks and an occasional tea towel draped very stylishly over one of the rungs. I love that idea.




 
And, I also love them as part of a hutch.

From Somethings Gotta Give


I loved the full wall ones like KariAnne from Thistlewood Farm 

Built-in Plate Rack | Thistlewood Farm.
Or this one from DecoPad
white kitchen cabinets, kitchen island, turquoise blue lanterns, white seagrass counter stools, sink in kitchen island, glossy subway tiles backsplash, turquoise blue decorative plates and polished nickel goose neck faucet.
Or the one from Room for Rent
DIY plate rack - great use for an unused wall, and other small space ideas from EclecticallyVintage.com
I had the perfect wall space for it... the big blank wall space on the side of our built-in refrigerator.


But for some reason I just couldn't commit to it. I was afraid I would get tired of it, or someone would bump it coming in and out the back door. So I just kept it on my "I would really like that" list.

Then one day while pursing Pintrest I found the perfect inspiration piece.



196962183676289275 Making Childrens Bookshelves | Step by Step | DIY Craft How Tos and Instructions| Martha Stewart
EuroHomeStyle
 
I could use it in the space and when/if I got tired of it there I could move it to other rooms and even repurpose it to serve another function.
 
So the hubs purchased the wood and constructed it for me by using the above picture as a guide ... I'll have a tutorial in a future post.
 
And here it is...
 
 



This picture was taken from our back porch. That is the exact door that I've been worried would cause problems with a rack being there.

 
But as you can see... the rack has a very narrow profile.
 
And, I think the best part is I can style it to my little heart's content.

 
Thank you for stopping by.
Nan
 


3 comments:

  1. how to project an image on a wall, proportionally accurate renditions of photographs and illustrations even without great artistic skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. job today Our roads are a war zone - wartime rules should apply Which jobs can you do when you're blind drunk?

    ReplyDelete